Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hogle Zoo

For my birthday last week we took Hannah to Hogle Zoo. We had so much fun. After the zoo Sara and Nate watched Hannah so Dan and I could go out. Thanks Olsen's!

In a giant egg.



On the giant snake slide.

We rode the little train.

Of course, Hannah's favorite part was the water.

Sadly, the Tiger was being a lazy bum! He never left the little hut.


They had a really great giraffe habitat at this zoo.



We got really close to the elephants.

My favorite part of this zoo was this cool white alligator. It is one of only 10 known white alligators on Earth today. It is at the Hogle zoo through October. They are so rare because they cannot survive in the wild due to sun burns (really) and because they aren't camouflaged. This guy and his siblings were rescued by some fishermen in New Orleans.

This monkey wanted to share his snack with Hannah. I know it's blurry but it was pretty neat that he came over and offered his cookie to Hannah. Thanks monkey.

1 comment:

Karolyn said...

I'm so excited for when Skyler will actually understand the zoo! We went the other day but I think he just didn't get it! Looks like fun!