Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Last week Hannah and I got to go to LA to visit my family. Hannah did amazingly well on the flights--she never cried! hooray for that!



She had a fun time looking out the window and coloring, and reading the pamphlet about plane safety.

















We went to this park a few times while we were there. It had sand which was really nice for Hannah since all the parks in Utah and Washington seem to have tan bark.











Hannah really likes to make new friends. This boy didn't even speak english, but Hannah played with him for a long time. Actually, he kept running away and she kept following him. Eventually he gave up and sat by this tree, which Hannah took as an invitation to sit with him.





This park is actually where I went to pre-school. They have re-done all of the playground equipment except for these turtles-which I used to love to play on. It was fun for me to watch Hannah enjoying them, too.






























My dad got a puppy for father's day this year. His name is Jake. Jake doens't like his kennel, but Hannah thought it was great. She called it "Hannah's house."


































Hannah was really entertained at my parents house...she had stairs to climb (again, and again and again). As she climed she practiced her counting ("one, two, five, six, seven, eight, nine, twelve, thirteen").
















This is my cat, Mishi. He is not a very nice cat, but Hannah just couldn't keep away from him. He growled at her, scratched her a few times, and always ran away from her. She never gave up trying to hold him.



Hannah got to meet our friend Bryce while we were there.















The weather in LA was beautiful. It got up to almost 90 one day, so Hannah and I went to the beach. Since it was 40 in Issaquah when we left, I didn't take a bathing suit for Hannah, but she didn't mind playing in the water in her little shorts.









Other than juming in the waves, Hannah's favorite part of the beach was getting to chase the segulls.





















I tried to convince Hannah it would be really fun to run up this hill (I didn't want to carry her!) She ran more than half way up before she asked to be carried.






After a fun day at the beach Hannah was all tuckered out.








I wasn't that great at taking pictures while we were there. Hannah had so much fun playing with Uncle Josh, Aunt Karissa, Grannie, Nana, Papa, Great Grandma and Papa--and I didn't get any pictures of any of them! Sorry family--I don't know what I was thinking! But thanks for such a fun week--we'll have to do it again some time soon!

3 comments:

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

Really? No pictures of the Family but a picture of Bryce? Do you know how long it's been since I've seen my family? It's been two whole months!
I love that Mishi still seems to like Bryce better than anyone else in the house. Especially since he's allergic to cats.

jennsekona said...

looks like you guys had a great trip! we may have been in cali at the same time, the kids and I flew out there, and did pretty good, they fought over the window- curses to only one window seat-lol are you guys going out there for christmas, we're going- shhh- flying in and out of oakland, and maybe trying to squeeze in a trip to la to see the in-laws

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad that Hannah had a lot of good time in the SUN.