Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

We went to the city parade in the morning. It was really all the local kids (and a few adults) who decorated thier bikes and wagons (and animals). They threw candy out at the crowds.


Hannah was confused. Why did that kid just throw candy at me?

But then she didn't care. Hey. She got to try her first Starburst. And she liked it.
(PS check out our new double stroller! I'm lovin' it!)


After the parade we went to the local Depot Park where they had free jump-o-lines!


And free pony rides!






Rachel didn't care about all the crowds. She was too busy browsing through the diaper bag.






"She's touching me!"




Rachel discovering the grass


Hannah shopping at the market

At night we went to see the fireworks in Bellevue. They started at 10pm but we took the girls anyway.

Waiting for the fireworks


waiting

waiting

during the firworks

during the firworks
Hannah really enjoyed the fireworks even though she looks like she's miserable in this photo. She kept telling me she wasn't scared and she would say "ooohh!" and "aaahhh!" and commented on all the pretty colors. She also kept counting from 1 to 20. I'm still not sure why. When we ask her about the fireworks she says "remember Hannah counted the fireworks Mommy?" Yes, baby. I remember.
Dan was holding Rachel and he said she just stared and stared. We think she liked them. It was a happy 4th!

5 comments:

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

How fun!
The stroller looks handy!
And I love the "she's touching me" picture, and the fact that that kind of mentality has already started. :o)
Miss you guys!

angie said...

what a fun fourth!

Cheryl said...

Wow, what fun! Thanks for all the photos- I love every one of them.

Cheryl said...

Wow, what fun! Thanks for all the photos- I love every one of them.

Cheryl said...

Wow, what fun! Thanks for all the photos- I love every one of them.