Wednesday, July 15, 2009

S.A.M.

A few weeks ago we went to the Seattle Art Museum. There was a lot of modern and abstract art. It was interesting.

This was called "raw sewage" or something like that. If you looked inside the bowl, you'd find out why. I wouldn't have posted this picture except that I wanted to tell this funny story. Before we left the Museum Hannah had to go to the bathroom. When we got inside she started to cry because she wanted to go in the colored potty. I just laughed.



Hannah's favorite part of the museum was the signs that said "Do not touch." It's hard to tell in this picture, but she is touching the sign.



Ok. This is art? Maybe I'm just uncultured, but I just don't get it. If you can't tell, It's a whole room dedicated to this one piece of art. The art is 4 squares of scattered newspaper with random blue squares painted onto them.



This was one of the most popular exhibits. It was a blank wall with nails. You could hammer something to the wall with one of the nails.
There was some art that I really enjoyed at the SAM. I just didn't take any pictures. All in all, it was a fun night.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I don't get the newspaper art either.
The potty story is too funny.