Sunday, May 12, 2013

We LOVE our Moms

Happy Mother's Day to the women we love.
M-O-T-H-E-R
"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.
by Howard Johnson

Wonderful Mother
God made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He moulded her heart of pure gold;
In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,
In her cheeks fair roses you see;
God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.
by Pat O'Reilly
 
My Mother Kept A Garden 
My Mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things
that gave my life it's start. 
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem... 
And when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I'd need to stand up strong and tough. 
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long. 
I am my Mother's garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me 
Author Unknown

 Mothers Day 
A Mother loves right from the start.

She holds her baby close to her heart.

The bond that grows will never falter.

Her love is so strong it will never alter.
A Mother gives never ending Love.
She never feels that she has given enough.
For you she will always do her best.
Constantly working, there's no time to rest.
A Mother is there when things go wrong.
A hug and a kiss to help us along.
Always there when we need her near.
Gently wipes our eyes when we shed a tear.
So on this day shower your Mother with Love.
Gifts and presents are nice but that is not enough.
Give your Mother a day to have some peace of mind.
Be gentle, be good, be helpful, be kind.
Happy Mothers Day. 
Carol Matthews

A Precious Mother 
Mom You've given me so much,

Love from your heart

and the warmth of your touch. 
The gift of life and you're a friend to me.
We have a very Special Bond
which only comes from God...
I'm sure you agree. 
As a child I would say Mommy I Love You,
Now you're my Mother so dear 
I love you even more
with each and every new year. 
If I could had chosen,
I would have picked no other.
Than for you...to be my lifelong friend
and Precious Mother. 
Author Unknown
Thank You Mom 
I know how often I took you for granted
when I was growing up.
I always assumed you'd be there
when I needed you...
and you always were. 
But I never really thought about what that meant
till I got older and began to realize
how often your time and energy were devoted to me.
so now, for all the times I didn't say it before,
thank you, Mom...I love you so very much! 
Author Unknown
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's in our lives. We love you and appreciate all your hard work and support for our good. Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Mason Manor said...

Thanks for all of this Dan!

Ron said...

What a great post!

Cheryl said...

Wow, thank you for all the beautiful poems and photos. Having a son like you is one of the greatest joys of motherhood Dan. Thank you so much. And Happy Mother's Day to Ashley a mother we so truly admire and appreciate so very much!