Thursday, July 17, 2014

Good Eats!

We had some delicious food on our trip. I made sure to go to all three Man vs Food stops in San Diego. Phil's BBQ, Lucha Libre Burritos, and the Broken Yolk Cafe. I hope you're hungry!
This was the line. Good thing the line for take out was much shorter.
Tri tip and pulled pork sandwiches with a rib tickler. The best!
Lucha Libre Burritos
We shared the steak and shrimp burrito and the steak, avocado and french fry burrito!
We went to my Grandpa's favorite Greek place, Little Atheno's in downtown San Diego along the boardwalk.
We stopped at Casa de Frutta on the way back to S.F. because we saw a sign for Casa de Burrito until we found out it was in a Chevron. No thanks for Gas Station burritos.
Broken Yolk Cafe. I got a Monte Cristo for breakfast. A ham and swiss sandwich with french toast, powdered sugar, and strawberry jam. It was the best!
Ashley was brave and tried the eggs benedict for the first time. Yummy! 
Tri tip Nachos at the Padres game
A giant polish at the Giants game
My favorite burrito in the whole world at La Bambas doing my best "My Name is Earl" impression.
Burritos at Iguana Burritos, home of the 5 lb burrito also on Man vs Food San Jose.
Sharing fish, shrimp, scallops, and calamari on Catalina.
We went to my favorite burrito place in the bay area a few times. We went to Ashley's favorite Mexican food with her parents and to Bubba Gump's for some shrimp with them. Good food sure is fun to find. Sorry dad, the hot dog from the A's game doesn't make the list.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great food tour, we're glad we got to dhare some yummy food with you, too!!

Cheryl said...

Man, that is food overload for me!! I'm sure it was all good at the time but to see it all at once takes my appetite away!

Ron said...

I expect that you gained 10 pounds on the trip, but it sure looks like some good eating!