Saturday, July 19, 2014

San Diego Padres at Petco Park

I finally made it to Petco Park. The last baseball stadium on the West Coast I had not visited. We stayed in the tall hotel in the middle of the picture, the Omni. It had its own sky bridge entrance to and from the game. It was the shortest commute ever!
I walked up to the valet to ask where we could buy tickets and he handed me 2 front row seats and said I could have them for free! Heavenly Father sure knows how to take care of me.

We found out it was LDS (Mormon) night. A BYU grad sang the national anthem.

This is where we sat, the front row in right field with our own personal table in the Jack Daniel's section.
Petco Park has a beach to play in right by Center field.
Our seats
We saw the Padres center fielder Cameron Maybin before the game.

We watched the Padres right fielder look at his text messages before the inning would start.  We still had his cell phone in his pocket when he would come up to bat! His batting average was the worst on the team. He struck out to end the game.What a bum!
This is my kind of Park!

We shared the tri tip nachos..not that great.

It was also fireworks night. While they were setting up the cheerleaders threw little foam balls into the crowd and I caught one.
What a great time! It only took 10 minutes to get from our seats to our hotel room. No one heckled me for wearing Giants stuff. I even got a high five for wearing my 49ers jacket. That doesn't happen in Seattle. 

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're the luckiest boy I know!! Glad you had a great time, you deserve it :)

Cheryl said...

I just can't believe your luck Dan! What a great night for you!

Ron said...

I hope the Padres lost! It looks like a fantastic event!