Monday, July 21, 2014

San Diego Zoo

The next stop was the San Diego Zoo. They have a double decker bus that takes you around the park. They had lots of amazing animals. What a zoo! Ashley could live there because of their world class hippo exhibits.

We had to wait a long time to see the world famous Pandas sleeping
Giraffe deer

Baby flamingo
Arial tram


We had good luck with the lions on our trip.



The polar bear was having a little snack, gnawing on a giant bone.


Pygmy hippo
Ashley's favorite


We spent a while with the hippos
We watched the jaguar demonstration. It got a blood popsicle.
We were so close Ashley could reach out and touch it. 

Flamingo egg
Good times at the world famous San Diego Zoo. We'll have to bring the kiddies next time.
Just outside the zoo is Balboa park. This is the same train I would ride as a little boy. Too bad I didn't have any of my kids to ride with me.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for all the great pictures!!

Cheryl said...

Those are great animal shots- especially the hippo ones. I sure like the photos of you two together as well! The little train brings back such happy memories for me!

Ron said...

I loved the photos of the humans in the Zoo!