Friday, July 10, 2015

To the Top of the Mountain

Rachel and I went on an adventure together. We hiked to the top of Pupu Point here in Issaquah. It was a long, hard, steep hike, but luckily 6 year old Rachel was there to drag me to the top.

Stopping for a breather
Rachel found a pretty wildflower.

We made it to the top! That's Mt Rainier in the background.



Having a much needed snack
We walked to the other side of the top to watch the paragliders take off
Standing on the paraglider's launch pad
That brown patch in the middle down there is Rachel's school.


There went a paraglider!

Rachel gathered all those sticks and rocks
And got pretty dirty doing it.


We made it back to the bottom!

We were pretty dirty!
After we cleaned up we went for Rachel's favorite, panpakes!
That was a long hard hike, but a great time with Rachel.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great day! I think Rachel is a pretty flower :) Next time you should paraglide down Dan, that would be awesome!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! So proud of Rachel! I'm not sure if I could have made that hike. And I'm so happy she got that special time with her Daddy.