Saturday, September 30, 2017

Martin Luther King Jr's Home Town

Definitely the most memorable part of my trip was visiting Martin Luther King Jr's childhood home, church, and center. Multiple blocks of his neighborhood are now a National Park. It was amazing to sit in the church he preached at and hear his sermons over the loud speakers advocating for equality and to love one another. I'm so glad I went. What a wonderful place. You should go.





The nation's first integrated fire station














The church he and his father were co-pastor's at.



I visited an old nearby civil war era cemetery with all the old time crypts


Riding the street car.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really hope to go there someday too. I'm glad to know there are so many tributes to such a brave, courageous and righteous man. Thank you for these fine photos.

Mason Manor said...

So glad you got to go-what an awesome experience!

Ron said...

Cool!