Sunday, May 12, 2019

Washington DC

Ashley came with me on a work trip to Washington DC while grandma watched the kids. Ashley visited Uncle Jereme and Aunt Cristy and the cousins. On the weekend Ashley and I visited (walked around the entire) National Mall visiting the Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, MLK, WWII, Vietnam, and Korean memorials. We toured the US Capitol, Jefferson library, Union Station, and the National Portrait Gallery, Ford's Theatre, and Arlington Cemetery where we watched the changing of the guard. We stood outside the White House and Supreme Court Building and saw the Pentagon. We tried Ethiopian Food for the first time (delicious!) and ate a DC famous half smoke chili dog.
During the week while I was working, Ashley had a few days to visit the other National Museums.
Its a beautiful city!

2 comments:

Ron said...

I love DC. It is an amazing city! I am so glad that both of you got to go.

Cheryl said...

Lucky me! I got a wonderful week with your four amazing kids!