Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here Fishy, Fishy!



Right in our "backyard" is a little stream. Hannah and I were walking to the library yesterday and we stopped to look at the water as usual. Only this time there was a 3 foot salmon right there swimming up the river. I left our stroller on the bridge and ran down with Hannah to get a closer look. We were not disappointed. We stayed about 5 minutes and saw about 15 giant fish. They swam so close and the river was really shallow, so we got to see them really well. Pretty soon I couldn't keep Hannah out of the river, so we continued on to the library only to find that it was closed. We decided to walk across the street and check out the Salmon hatchery. It was so neat to see hundreds of giant salmon trying to jump the ladder! I've never seen anything like it before in my life. There is a salmon festival here in two weeks that is supposed to be a big deal. We are excited to go and check it out.



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I wish I could come and see those fish, that is so amazing!!!!!!!!